A body lift improves the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports fat and skin. Excess sagging fat and skin are removed and the procedure(s) can improve a dimpled, irregular skin surface, which is commonly known as cellulite.
A body lift may include these areas:
- Abdominal area – locally or extending around the sides and into the lower back area
- Buttocks that may be low, flat or shaped unevenly
- Groin that may sag into inner thigh
- Thigh – the inner, outer, or posterior thigh, or the thigh’s circumference
- Aging, sun damage, pregnancy, significant fluctuations in weight, and genetic factors may contribute to poor tissue elasticity that can result in sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs.
Body lifts are not intended strictly for the removal of excess fat. Liposuction alone can remove excess fat deposits where the skin has good elasticity and is able to naturally conform to new body contours. In cases where skin elasticity is poor, a combination of liposuction and body lift techniques may be recommended.